How to choose a sperm donor
We work with only recognised and licensed donor banks to provide the best quality sperm. All sperm donors have to be in good health and are screened for sexually transmitted diseases and some genetic disorders. The sperm is assessed as high quality before being approved for donation.
However, there are a number of different sperm banks available if you prefer to use your own; if you have any questions about this process please discuss with your consultant.
Things to consider
- We can utilise IUI ready or ICI unwashed for any treatment. We can store the samples at CREATE, after 1 year you would be required to pay the current ‘Annual Storage fee’.
- One straw/ampule should be enough for 1 treatment cycle, however, due to the transport costs you may wish to purchase more than 1 to cover for repeat cycles/sibling cycles.
- We would advise obtaining MOT 10 (MOT is short for motility) or higher, should only MOT 5 be available we would advise to purchase at least 2 samples.
Legal implications and donor anonymity
It is important to remember that after completion of the appropriate consent forms, you will be regarded as the legal parents or any child born as a result of the treatment. The donor will not be financially or emotionally liable for the upbringing of any child created using the donor’s sperm.
Since 2005 donors in the UK are no longer anonymous. Anyone conceived using donated sperm will be allowed to ask the HFEA for identifying information about the donor when they reach the age of 18, (or 16 if they are planning to marry). They will be able to find out who the donor is and may want to get in touch with them.
Sperm bank options
CREATE Fertility Sperm Bank offer international sperm and provide FREE shipping between our clinics. We’ll advise you on what is needed, you then order & pay direct with us, they will then ship your sperm to the clinic ready for when your treatment starts. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us.
We work in partnership with the Cryos International Sperm Bank where you can access their donor bank and order sperm direct with them. We’ll advise you on what is needed, you then order & pay direct with them, they will then ship your sperm to the clinic ready for when your treatment starts. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us.
We work in partnership with the European Sperm Bank where you can access their donor bank and order sperm direct with them. We’ll advise you on what is needed, you then order & pay direct with ESB, they will then ship your sperm to the clinic ready for when your treatment starts. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us.
IVF with donor sperm costs £3,700*
Our treatment package includes:
-Early pregnancy scan
The cost of IVF using donor sperm will depend on your individual circumstances and your personalised treatment plan will be explained to you in more detail at your Initial Consultation.
We have various packages available to help patients with planning their treatment costs, if you wish to find out more please view our price guide or give us a call.
*Required additions: The cycle price can vary between clinics, to find your nearest clinic pricing click here. There are additional costs which cover medication, blood tests, sedation, donor sperm and HFEA fees that are not included in the price stated above. The ‘average’ total cost of a treatment cycle is £5,046 (this can vary based on individual patients requirements, an exact quote will be given at your consultation).
Your funding options
Cost is one of the biggest implications of private fertility treatment, we aim to make our treatments accessible for all so that's why we offer different funding options to help growing your family less stressful. To discuss funding options with one of our advisors contact us.
- 0% interest available over 12 months
- Spread the cost of treatment with our affordable payment plans
- 12 and 24 month plans available
- 3 and 6 cycle packages
- Better value for patients who require more than one cycle
- Can offer better success rates in some patient circumstances
- Funding available for patients eligible for treatment on the NHS
- Ask your doctor for a referral if you fit the NHS criteria
- Enjoy the benefits of our state-of-the-art private clinics