IVF using an egg or sperm donor
Some patients who come to us need the help of donor eggs or sperm to conceive. We therefore help these patients by having our very own egg and sperm banks on site. Our donation co-ordination nurse will help you to match with a donor, or assist you in transferring egg/sperm from elsewhere. We can also do treatment with known donors.
Undergoing a donation cycle can be an emotional process, and we wish to support you every step of the way. We therefore offer our patients an hour-long consultation with our nurses to arrange the donation and so that you can ask any questions you may have and counselling will be offered.
IVF treatment with donor sperm
Our sperm bank offers a selection of donors, and we can give you information on their skin, eye and hair colour and educational background before helping to match you with a donor. You will come into the clinic to meet with the doctor, who will devise a treatment plan for you. Following this, you will meet with a nurse to be matched with a donor or to arrange to have sperm from outside transferred to the clinic.
IVF using donor sperm key facts
- We have our own sperm donor bank.
- Our sperm donors have to be in good health, they are screened for STDs & some genetic disorders.
- All sperm is assessed as high quality before being approved for donation.
- The sperm donor will not be financially or emotionally liable.
CREATE Fertility runs a successful egg sharing program which enables women who are willing to share their eggs to have IVF for a significant treatment cost reduction. The treatment cycle is carried out exactly as it would be otherwise, but after the egg collection half of them are given to an egg recipient who pays the cycle cost. If there is an odd number of eggs collected then you will be able to decide whether you or the recipient receives the remaining egg.
Egg sharing key facts
- The bulk of the treatment cost is paid for by the egg recipient, meaning that this is one of the cheapest forms of IVF treatment available
- Most suitable for women under 36 years-old with a normal egg reserve
- Assisting another woman to become a mother is very rewarding
Have questions about IVF using a donor?
Get in touch with us to discuss any questions or to book an appointment.