Terms and conditions
IMPORTANT: Please note that no provider of fertility treatment services is able to guarantee a successful outcome or an absence of complications. Accordingly, we are unable to give a commitment that any fertility treatment that you undertake will lead to a pregnancy and/or will be without complications.
- We will discuss your treatment options with you during your pre-treatment consultation(s). You will need to consent to your chosen treatment(s) prior to the start of any treatment. You must not sign any consent form if you either do not agree with the statements that you are being asked to agree to, or if you consider that anything is unclear. You should not sign any consent form until any questions that you may have are answered to your satisfaction.
- You may withdraw your consent after you give it by giving us reasonable notice/confirmation in writing of the withdrawal of your consent.
- Some treatments come with mandatory screening tests and/or counseling. You must agree to undertake these in order to undergo the treatment.
Clinical staff and appointments
- Whilst we make reasonable efforts to ensure that appointments run to time and in order to provide continuity of service, we cannot guarantee that appointments will not be delayed or that you will see the same clinician on every visit.
Prices and payment
- Our Price Guide is subject to change without notice. The price of any consultation/treatment will be confirmed to you at the time of booking. Please note that the costs of any excluded items (please see our Price Guide for details) and for dealing with any unforeseen complications and/or requests for additional services are in addition to any fees agreed in advance of consultation/treatment and become payable as they are incurred.
- Payment for services provided by CREATE Fertility is required in full at the time of booking and in any event before your consultation or (as applicable) the commencement of the treatment or service. We reserve the right to cancel any appointment if payment has not been received.
- If you decide not to proceed with treatment following a treatment consultation a fee of £500 will be charged.
- All prices are in pounds sterling. All prices include VAT (where applicable).
- Where stimulated IVF/ICSI, Egg Donation (both UK and overseas), natural, natural modified, egg sharing and surrogacy cycles are not successful, we offer a free follow-up consultation within six months of the date of the negative result.
- Any treatment packages must be agreed and paid for before treatment commences.
- The clinic accepts debit and credit card payments as well as bank transfers. We do not accept cash or cheques.
- In the event that a clinician recommends elective freezing for your cycle you will be need to pay for freezing and 2 years storage costing (£995). You are also entitled to a discount of £400 off for standard clinic pricing for your frozen embryo transfer (FET). To receive the discounted price all treatments must be paid in full before treatment commences.
Cancellation and refunds
- Drugs and consumables are not returnable or refundable.
- Services are not refundable once performed and are otherwise subject to our terms relating to refunds and cancellations.
- In the event that a treatment cycle is abandoned prior to egg collection, a charge will be incurred of £200 per scan that has been completed. Any other services rendered will also have to be settled in full.
- In the event that no egg/eggs are collected at the egg collection, no refund will be issued.
- In the event that no embryos from any of the treatment cycles below are suitable for transfer or freezing, no refund will be issued:
• Natural Cycle IVF • Natural Modified IVF • Mild IVF
- In the event that a frozen embryo transfer (FET) cycle does not result in suitable embryos to transfer because the embryo(s) have not survived the thawing process, a refund of £400 will be issued.
- Consultations may be cancelled and rescheduled provided that not less than 48 hours notice of cancellation is given. If consultation appointments are cancelled at less than 48 hours notice or are not attend without cancellation then the cancellation is non-refundable.
- Our Price Guide details what credits/refunds are available in respect of treatments/packages that are discontinued. Where our charges are refundable a credit may be applied to your account. Otherwise, refunds are normally made within 28 days.
- If no Egg collection takes place in the cycle, the patient will be refunded £250.
Additional and third party services
- Costs for medication, blood tests, intravenous sedation anaesthesia, in-vitro maturation, additional scans, other laboratory tests and additional procedures can vary depending on your clinical need and your response to treatment. Any additional services will be chargeable at our standard rates or, where these services are provided by outside parties, at the fees charged by that provider.
- In some circumstances additional services will need to be performed due to recommended changes to treatment. For example if on the day of egg collection, ICSI is recommended due to a change in the quality of sperm, then this will need to paid for prior to the treatment being performed. These treatments will be discussed with you prior to them taking being carried out.
Consequences of non-payment
- We reserve the right to cancel appointments and discontinue treatment/services for non-payment of our fees. Failure to pay the applicable fees for frozen storage may lead to the stored embryos/gametes being destroyed.
- The clinic regrets that if accounts remain unpaid for more than two weeks legal action may have to be taken to retrieve the amount owing.
- Nothing in these Terms & Conditions shall limit or exclude our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or for fraud. We shall not otherwise be liable for any loss, damage or delay however caused, including in particular where such loss, damage or delay is caused by circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
- You must always provide us full, true and accurate information, correct any information already provided that later becomes or is found to be incomplete, untrue and/or inaccurate.
- You must inform us without delay of any change in your personal circumstances that may be relevant to your treatment and/or to the consent given by you or a partner/donor/surrogate.
- You must inform us any change in your address and/or contact details. If we are unable to contact you in order to take your instructions and/or seek payment for frozen storage then we may destroy any frozen samples notwithstanding the period of storage for which you have given consent.
- Unless we agree with you in writing to the contrary, any patient and partner signing a consent form in respect of treatment will be jointly and severally liable for any monies owing to us in relation to that treatment. This means that we may seek payment from either the patient or their partner.
COVID-19 treatment cost support scheme
Patients who are in any one of the following categories are eligible to benefit from the COVID-19 Treatment Cost Support Scheme:
- Unwell with COVID-19 symptoms as detailed by current Public Health England guidelines.
- Diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Self-isolating due to a member of their household having COVID-19 or COVID-19 symptoms
- Asked to self-isolate due to contact tracing requirements.
- We reserve the right to modify these Terms & Conditions any time. Please check back regularly for any changes.
Abandoned cycle fees
Eligible patients will be required to pay abandoned cycle fees in line with Create current policy as stated in terms and conditions. They will be eligible for a credit towards future treatment based on the number of scans that had taken place in their abandoned cycle:
- 1-2 scans - £200 off towards future treatment.
- 3 or more scans - £300 off toward future treatment.
- To be eligible for this credit, the patient’s accounts must be fully up to date and with no outstanding balance.
- The Credit will be valid for three months and applied at the time of starting the new treatment.
- Patients will only be eligible for one credit per patient or couple.
Unable to complete a fresh transfer
- Eligible patients who are unable to complete their fresh transfer after an egg collection due to COVID-19 symptoms/infection will be eligible to receive a discounted of £400 on the subsequent Frozen Embryo Transfer.
- Normal freezing costs will apply.
- Eligible patients will receive a refund of £250 on freezing costs if all embryos placed in storage are thawed/transferred within 3 months from the date of freezing.
- Eligible patients who are undertaking a package treatment will be offered a 3-month extension of their treatment package expiration date.