Professor Stuart Campbell
Professor Stuart Campbell is a pioneer of Ultrasound Diagnosis in medicine.
He has introduced many new techniques such as the routine pregnancy scan, the early diagnosis of fetal abnormalities, the assessment of fetal growth, and also the well-being and ultrasound screening for ovarian cancer.
Professor Campbell holds numerous international honours and has recently introduced 3D scanning to the UK and set up the first 4D Ultrasound Clinic. He has also pioneered the screening for pre-eclampsia by uterine artery Doppler.
- Professor Campbell is the former Academic Head of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology at both Kings College Hospital and St George’s Hospital Medical School, London
- He is the first President of the International Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynaecology (ISUOG)
- He is also the Editor-in-Chief of the Scientific Medical Journal ‘Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynaecology’
- Professor Campbell is an Honorary Fellow of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- He is a Doctor of Science of London University